Corporate Mindfulness Meditation Is In High Demand, Here Are 5 Ways To Bring It To Your Toronto Office
Ah, the modern Toronto office—open concept, exposed brick, a ping pong table and crippling occupational stress.
Admittedly, we haven’t done a great job of bringing our positive mental health into the modern workplace.
Although we’re walking more, smoking less and even have apps on our phone reminding us to drink water, there is still a huge, unaddressed elephant in the boardroom: workplace mental health.
Scary stats about workplace stress and mental health include:
- 48% of workers say they’re at least “sometimes” overwhelmed by their work, 10% said “all the time”
- Direct correlations have been found between perceived stress at work and certain types of cancer, heart disease, obesity, anxiety, depression and diabetes
- It’s estimated that 20% of people in the workforce right now are experiencing some degree of a mental health issue
- 66% of workers have lost sleep due to work-related stress
- Stress, depression and anxiety accounted for 57% of all working days lost in 2018
- Only 43% of workers believe their employers care about work-life balance
So how can you reduce stress in your workplace? With mindfulness meditation training in Toronto! Here are a few of your best options:
Workshops, Seminars and Lunch & Learns
- Workshops, seminars and Lunch & Learns are the easiest way to bring mindfulness training into the office. Many organizations already have personal development days built into their workforce benefits. It is also becoming increasingly popular for organizations, especially enterprise-level to dedicate entire mornings, afternoons or days to wellness initiatives.
- Lunch and learns are also a very popular way to bring a quick overview of mindfulness into the office. This option is a turnkey solution and can be scheduled on short notice. If your company is just dipping its toes into wellness, mental health or mindfulness, this is the most common selection. Lunch and learns almost always lead to the organization bringing in a mindfulness instructor on a more consistent basis or lead to the organization holding the same sessions in other offices and geographies.
Daily / Weekly / Monthly Guided Meditation Classes
- This is a great option for organizations that want to ensure they support a sustainable mindful culture within the workplace. Consistent practice is the best way to reap the benefits of the practice.
- Weekly is the most common cadence followed by biweekly, daily and monthly.
- Many people struggle to keep up a regular mindfulness practice at home so this is a great way to bring the practice to them.
1:1 Executive Coaching for Mindful Leaders
- You can think of this just like personal training! 1:1 training is extremely effective for custom, personalized practices to address the client’s most pressing issues.
- When working one-on-one allows the facilitator to tweak the content for specialized training.
- This is a great option for individuals who would like to use mindfulness to address specific topics such as: burnout, anxiety, mental health, focus, productivity, occupational stress, emotional intelligence or communication skills
- Keynotes are similar to Lunch & Learns but usually take place at company meetings, wellness events or conferences.
- Mindfulness keynotes usually span 30-90 minutes. The speaker can also introduce some mindfulness practices to the audience during the speech which can expand the time slot up to two hours!
- This is a great option for organizations who are looking to fill some gaps in their programming and bring in someone external.
- Interestingly, a great keynote often leads to onsite guided meditation classes and offers a preview of what that instructor has to offer.
- Other traits of a great keynote include humour, the ability to liven up a crowd and to captivate an audience and open their minds to mindfulness meditation.
Organizational Mindfulness Consulting and Research
- Of all the formats, consulting and research is the most effective way for an instructor to analyze the company’s current wellness practices and provide custom recommendations for that organization.
“I can’t help but think that, although technology has made our lives infinitely better, with seamless connectivity and flexible access — we’ve suffered a tradeoff.” – Elyssa Seidman
Even for people who love their job, the expectation of constant connection, paired with lack of activity and increased work hours provides a dangerous dose of stress.
Employers are well aware of these challenges. To keep employees happy, many companies have introduced office perks in hopes of re-energizing their workforce. Dream companies offer rock climbing walls, massage tables, nap pods, video game rooms, and don’t forget the free food.
But despite each brag-worthy office perk, stress continues to rise. Unused vacation policies and endless supplies of candy will not reverse this health crisis. Companies need to embrace changes that truly serve the interests of their employees. Mindfulness meditation is on the rise in Toronto. Find out what all the excitement is about by booking a free consultation here.
Long-Term Stress Reduction
With regular mindfulness training employees become more
Not sure which option is best for your team right now?
That’s what we’re here for! Please send a note our way (email@example.com) or give us a call (646-859-8485) for a free consultation. We will help connect you with the best mindfulness meditation training for your Toronto team!
Would meditation classes benefit your team?
Curious about pricing and what format would work best for your team? Let’s chat about mindfulness meditation training for your team in Toronto!